COLOR-LOK™ (SOLID STAIN) is a professional quality, modified acrylic penetrating stain fortified with silicone for use on exterior and interior horizontal concrete, masonry and wood surfaces. Color-Lok™ Semi-Transparent is a cost efficient alternative to traditional exterior paints. Color-Lok™ is a color enhanced protective coating that maintains its beauty while saving on labor and materials during application and extends time before the next re-paint cycle.
- Long lasting – Deep penetrating with outstanding adhesion and resists chipping, cracking and peeling
- Great looking – Excellent hide, dead-flat sheen level for a better quality, smooth, even color finish
- Saves Money – No primer or second coat required. If desired apply second coat after two hours
- Performance Options – Standard or Heavy Duty Urethane fortified for heavy traffic
- Visual Options – Semi-transparent, tinted to any color or pre-mix colors available
- More days a year to apply – Cold weather application down to 40°F (4.4°C)
- Low VOC and carbon footprint, water based, and non-toxic
- Backed by a 5 year material & labor warranty
|Substrate||Sq Ft / Gallon||# Of Coats|
1) Prepare Surface
To apply the stain, surface moisture content must be less than 25% as measured with an electronic moisture meter. Surfaces must be free of dirt, grime, efflorescence, lime run, construction debris, form oils and release agents, chalked materials, loose and peeling paint, mold, mildew, etc. All cracks should be pointed or caulked. Do not apply if rain, snow, or temperatures below 40°F are expected within 48 hours. Do not apply if relative humidity is greater than 80%.
2) Apply Color-Lok™ Solid
Apply with commercial airless spray equipment set at moderate pressures using a tip of .015 to .021. For application to horizontal surfaces, materials may be sprayed or rolled using a short nap roller. To avoid lap marks, maintain a continuous wet edge. Feather edges at the end of each pass. Stop application only at control joints, corners, and edges.
3) Let Dry
Product dries in 2 hours and fully cures in 3-4 weeks.