Floor-Lok Curing Aid/Sealer
Deep penetrating 100% breathable water repellent and dustproofer for vertical and horizontal, interior and exterior, concrete and masonry surfaces
Safe to use
Can be applied anywhere in North America because it contains less than 15 g/L VOC’s
Easy to apply
Spray onto the surface in a flood coat. Warranty up to 1 year
Floor-Lok Curing Aid/Sealer
FLOOR-LOK™ cures, seals, hardens and dustproofs new and aged concrete by penetrating deep into the concrete’s surface. Floor-Lok™ also protects surfaces from damage caused by water intrusion and seepage, chloride ion intrusion, cracking caused by freeze-thaw cycles, spalling and scaling, and UV light. In addition, Floor-Lok™ helps prevent efflorescence and lime run.
|Note to Specifier – CSI Reference Codes|
|09 96 35||FLOOR TREATMENTS, SLIP RESISTENT, CONCRETE STAINING, ABRASION RESISTANT, POLISHED CONCRETE|
|03 35 00||CHEMICAL RESISTANT COATINGS|
|07 19 00||Acrylic, Silane Siloxane, Penetrating Polyester, Hybrid Water Repellents|
Best Tools for Application
A foam brush is recommended to soak in and saturate your substrate.
Use a small hand pump sprayer.
Use an airless sprayer with a spray tip size between .035mm to .051mm.
Application Best Practices
1) Step One: Prepare the surface and confirm surface moisture is less than 25%. Remove dirt, grime, efflorescence, lime run, construction debris, form oils and release agents, chalked materials, loose and peeling paint, mold, mildew, etc. All cracks should be pointed or caulked.
2) Step Two: Perform a test application to confirm fit and finish.
3) Step Three: Apply the product according to It’s TDS.
4) Step Four: Let cure.
5) Step Five: Perform post application test to assure results are achieved.
Benefits of Concentrates and How to Mix
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces job site and landfill waste
- Reduces worker and supply chain fatigue
- Refer to the description on the packaging for dilution ratios.
- Pour contents of concentrate into an empty container. The container size should be the size of the finished amount of product.
- Fill the container with clean water – we recommend distilled water for best results.
- Mix lightly with a stir stick.
Specification and Ordering Options
Substrate Uses and Anticipated Coverage Rates
Substrate porosity varies due to type of substrate and/or the age of the surface and its exposure to weathering. As a result, coverage rates may also vary. In addition, in certain applications, two coats may be required. Please contact us for coverage estimates. Best practices are to first perform a test application on the substrate, followed by a rilem tube test to ensure adequate coverage/absorption.
Refer to the product TDS for Surface Preparation and Application Methods.
Need help? Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2.
|Substrate||Sq Ft / Gallon||# Of Coats*|
Testing Data and Product Characteristics
|ASTM C666||2200 Cycles – No effect|
|ASTM D2243||Do Not Freeze|
|Wind Driven Rain||ASTM E-514-86., 98.7% Leak Red|
|Water Pen Fed Spec SS-W-110C, ASTM C140||SS-W-110C, 75% Min Req, 96.8 Leak Red Chloride Ion Intr|
|Salt Pounding NCHRP||No. 244 Series IV – 95% Red, No. 244 Series II – 83% Red|
|Water Abs CMU ASTM C140-75||98.6% Effective|
|Water Vapor Trans ASTM D-1653-71||100% Vapor Permeable|
|Water Repellency ASTM C67-87||98.6% Effective|
|Weathering ASTM G-53||3,500 Hours- No Change|
|Surface Burning ASTM E84||Flame Spread 0, Smoke Development 0|
|Volume Solids||40 or 80%(Depends on Dilution)|
|Color of Material||Milky White|
|V.O.C.||20 g/L V.O.C. Compliant|
|Viscosity||9.6 Seconds No. 4 Ford Cup|
|Weight||Approximately 8.7 lbs./Gal.|
|Surface Dry/Recoat/Usable||Approximately 1 Hour|
|Coalescence Cure Time||5 to 7 days|
Approvals, Qualifications and Associations
Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2 for additional assistance.
|LAUSD – OESH||Approved|
|LEED Points||Up to 3 Points|
|LEED (New Construction)||Available|
|LEED (New Schools/CHPS)||Available|
|All Other States and Canada||Compliant|
|HPD||Various Products Approved|
|American Institute of Architecture||Two Approved CE courses|