Slip Resist Grit Additive
Adds Fine Grit Texture To Create a Measure of Safety
For Interior and Exterior Use. Highly Durable Yet Safe on Bare Feet.
Virtually Invisible – Will Not Change Color of Sealers
Safe to use
Can be applied anywhere in North America because it contains Zero VOC, no carcinogens, no odor and can be applied on exterior surfaces and interior OEM environments.
Easy to use
Use RainguardPro® Slip Resist™ by adding 3.2oz for each 1 gallon of sealer and stir well.
Slip Resist Grit Additive
RainguardPro® Slip Resist ™ is a durable anti-skid additive that can be added to interior/exterior paint, epoxies, and acrylic sealers to create a fine gritty texture to help create more traction on a horizontal surface. It dries clear and won’t dull the finish of high gloss sealers or change the color of colored sealers. Works great with RainguardPro® film forming sealers such as:
- Cool Coat (Clear only)
- Clear-Seal Acrylic
- Clear-Seal 100% Urethane Single-Part
- Clear-Seal 100% Urethane Two-Part Kit
Use RainguardPro® Slip Resist™ by adding 3.2 oz for each 1 gallon of sealer. Make sure to stir sealer 1-2 min to ensure equal dispersement of RainguardPro® Slip Resist™.
Need larger quantities? Contact the sales rep for your area.
Best Tools for Application
A foam brush is recommended to soak in and saturate your substrate.
Use a small hand pump sprayer.
Use an airless sprayer with a spray tip size between .035mm to .051mm.
Application Best Practices
1) Step One: Prepare the surface and confirm surface moisture is less than 25%. Remove dirt, grime, efflorescence, lime run, construction debris, form oils and release agents, chalked materials, loose and peeling paint, mold, mildew, etc. All cracks should be pointed or caulked.
2) Step Two: Perform a test application to confirm fit and finish.
3) Step Three: Apply the product according to It’s TDS.
4) Step Four: Let cure.
5) Step Five: Perform post application test to assure results are achieved.
Benefits of Concentrates and How to Mix
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces job site and landfill waste
- Reduces worker and supply chain fatigue
- Refer to the description on the packaging for dilution ratios.
- Pour contents of concentrate into an empty container. The container size should be the size of the finished amount of product.
- Fill the container with clean water – we recommend distilled water for best results.
- Mix lightly with a stir stick.
Specification and Ordering Options
Substrate Uses and Anticipated Coverage Rates
Substrate porosity varies due to type of substrate and/or the age of the surface and its exposure to weathering. As a result, coverage rates may also vary. In addition, in certain applications, two coats may be required. Please contact us for coverage estimates. Best practices are to first perform a test application on the substrate, followed by a rilem tube test to ensure adequate coverage/absorption.
Refer to the product TDS for Surface Preparation and Application Methods.
Need help? Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2.
Coverage Rates (Theoretical)
|Package Size||Sealer Amount / Mix Ratio|
|3.2 oz||1 Gallon / 1:1|
|16 oz||5 Gallons / 1:1|
Testing Data and Product Characteristics
RainguardPro® Slip Resist is a durable, micronized polymeric aggregate developed for use as an anti-skid additive for interior and exterior paint, epoxy and sealers. It adds slight texture to the finish without changing colors. It has excellent resistance to chemicals and detergents.
Slip Resist can be used in water-based, solvent based alkyd, urethane or epoxy coatings and is not recommended for repellents, silicones or wax-based coatings.
Approvals, Qualifications and Associations
Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2 for additional assistance.
|LAUSD – OESH||Approved|
|LEED Points||Up to 3 Points|
|LEED (New Construction)||Available|
|LEED (New Schools/CHPS)||Available|
|All Other States and Canada||Compliant|
|HPD||Various Products Approved|
|American Institute of Architecture||Two Approved CE courses|