Whiteboard Paint with IsoFree™ Technology
Isocyanate Free | Quick Dry Formula
Write on it 72 hours after application.
Easy to apply
Will not yellow, crack, or peel over time.
Safe to use
Odor free and zero VOC’s. Water based & non-flammable. Non-toxic – made with IsoFree™ Technology.
Whiteboard Paint with IsoFree™ Technology
RainguardPro® Whiteboard Paint is a two component, completely isocyanate free, high performance, zero-VOC, odorless, water-based, aliphatic polyurethane dry erase paint. RainguardPro® Whiteboard Paint creates a non-yellowing dry erase surface on almost any substrate. May be applied at 35 degrees and up.
What is IsoFree™ technology?
When Part B is mixed with Part A, the crosslink reaction makes the combined product free of any isocyanates. Thereby the product is safe to apply for both the applicator and the environment.
Patent #’s: 5693703 // 5665269 // 5508340
|Note to Specifier – CSI Reference Codes|
|09 96 23||DRY ERASE COATINGS|
|05 05 13||SHOP-APPLIED COATINGS FOR METAL|
Best Tools for Application
A foam brush is recommended to soak in and saturate your substrate.
Use a small hand pump sprayer.
Use an airless sprayer with a spray tip size between .035mm to .051mm.
Application Best Practices
1) Step One: Prepare the surface and confirm surface moisture is less than 25%. Remove dirt, grime, efflorescence, lime run, construction debris, form oils and release agents, chalked materials, loose and peeling paint, mold, mildew, etc. All cracks should be pointed or caulked.
2) Step Two: Perform a test application to confirm fit and finish.
3) Step Three: Apply the product according to It’s TDS.
4) Step Four: Let cure.
5) Step Five: Perform post application test to assure results are achieved.
Benefits of Concentrates and How to Mix
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces job site and landfill waste
- Reduces worker and supply chain fatigue
- Refer to the description on the packaging for dilution ratios.
- Pour contents of concentrate into an empty container. The container size should be the size of the finished amount of product.
- Fill the container with clean water – we recommend distilled water for best results.
- Mix lightly with a stir stick.
Specification and Ordering Options
Substrate Uses and Anticipated Coverage Rates
Substrate porosity varies due to type of substrate and/or the age of the surface and its exposure to weathering. As a result, coverage rates may also vary. In addition, in certain applications, two coats may be required. Please contact us for coverage estimates. Best practices are to first perform a test application on the substrate, followed by a rilem tube test to ensure adequate coverage/absorption.
Refer to the product TDS for Surface Preparation and Application Methods.
Need help? Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2.
Coverage Rates (Theoretical)
|Substrate||Sq Ft / Gallon||# Of Coats|
|All Masonry Surfaces||150-200||1-2|
Testing Data and Product Characteristics
|Flash Point||>118°C (245 °F)|
|pH||Part A – N/A, Part B – 9.2|
||> 90 @ 16 °C (60°F)|
|Gloss Loss ASTM D523
|Color Loss ASTM D2244||< 1.1%|
|Salt Spray ASTM B117||1500+ hours|
|Humidity ASTM D2244||1500+ hours|
|Abrasion ASTM D4060||< 40mg|
|Hardness ASTM D3363||> 2H|
|Adhesion ASTM D2197||Pass|
|Flexibility ASTM D2794||Pass|
|Surface Burning ASTM E84||Flame Spread 0, Smoke Development 0|
|MEK Double Rub ASTM-D 1308||No blistering, peeling, softening or gloss loss (500+ cycles)|
|Outdoor Weathering ASTM G155-05A||10,000+ hours|
|Cyclic Weathering AASHTOR-31||No blistering, peeling, softening or gloss loss|
|Solids by Weight||Clear/Matte 52 (±2%)/58%), Pigmented 58 (±2%)/64%|
|VOC (g/L, less water)||0|
|Pounds Per Gallon||Part A – 9.2 lbs/gallon, Part B Clear/Matte – 8.7 lbs/gallon, Part B Pigmented – 10.8 lbs/gallon|
|Surface Dry/Recoat/Usable||4 – 8 hours|
|Coalescence Cure Time||3 – 7 days|
Approvals, Qualifications and Associations
Call 1-888-765-7070 Option 2 for additional assistance.
|LAUSD – OESH||Approved|
|LEED Points||Up to 3 Points|
|LEED (New Construction)||Available|
|LEED (New Schools/CHPS)||Available|
|All Other States and Canada||Compliant|
|HPD||Various Products Approved|
|American Institute of Architecture||Two Approved CE courses|