Efflorescence Blocker is a versatile product designed to block and prevent efflorescence and alkali from rising to the surface of a porous substrate. It is ideal for applications where efflorescence is not preventable and is constantly being maintained. It is typically used on floors where waterproofing membranes have failed or were not installed or other applications where moisture penetration is unavoidable. The finish results in a natural appearance, with some substrates slightly darkening.
- Blocks efflorescence and alkali from coming to the surface
- Ideal for planters and groundwater penetration
- Resist hot-tire pickup
- Excellent exterior durability
- Direct and reverse impact resistant
- Works as a universal primer
- Water and stain-resistant
- Wet and dry adhesion
- Waterproof Membrane Failures
- Water Repellent Sealers
- Concrete Floors
- Retaining Walls
- Garden Stones and Pavers
- Sound Walls
- High Alkali or Mineral Substrates
- and more!
Coverage Rates (Theoretical)
|Substrate||Sq Ft / Gallon||# of Coats*|
|CMU (Precision Block)||60-70||1|
|CMU (Split Face)||50-70||1|
|Dense Masonry Surfaces||125-150||1|
How To Use
- Remove any current efflorescence.
- Allow the substrate to dry for 1-2 hours depending on the weather.
- Apply a saturation coat of Efflorescence Blocker using a synthetic 3/4″ nap roller, a hand pump sprayer, or airless sprayer allowing it to penetrate as much as the substrate will allow. Backroll any drips or pooling. Do not atomize.
- Allow to dry for at least 1 hour. Cure time is 5-7 days.
>> Find instructional videos of RainguardPro products on YouTube