RainguardPro® Polyurethane HD is an isocyanate free two-component, high performance, zero-VOC, odorless, water-based, aliphatic polyurethane paint/coating. Polyurethane HD provides years of excellent protection against harsh weather conditions, UV exposure, corrosion, and heavy tire traffic.
What is IsoFree™ technology?
When Part B is mixed with Part A the crosslink reaction makes the combined product odor free, isocyanate free, and zero VOC’s. This creates a formula that is safe to apply for both the applicator and the environment.
What comes in a kit?
|Part A||Part B||Kit Makes*:|
|24 Fl. Oz.||2 Fl. Oz.||1 Quart|
|112 Fl. Oz.||4 Fl. Oz.||1 Gallon|
|448 Fl. Oz.||16 Fl. Oz.||4 Gallons|
*See instructions for dilution percentages
- Non-yellowing topcoat, great for UV protection
- Direct-to-metal* and concrete application
- Chemical, acid, and scratch resistant
- Water based and non-flammable
- Excellent as a protective floor coating, or topcoat applied over a primer epoxy, as a high-gloss, chemical/acid resistant topcoat for industrial concrete flooring applications
*Do not use on bare ferrous metal. Only apply to ferrous metal that is properly prepped and primed to receive a water based coating.
- Food & Beverage Facilities
- Commercial Vehicles
- Sound Walls
- Garage Floors
Coverage Rates (Theoretical)
|Substrate||Sq Ft / Gallon||# Of Coats*|
|Textured Surfaces||250 – 300||1|
|All Masonry Surfaces||300||1|
How to Use*
*SEE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET BELOW FOR MIXING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLICATION
Polyurethane HD may be applied directly over most surfaces without primer. Apply a light coat at a thickness of 3 to 4 wet mils.
Most porous surfaces should have a sealer or filler to adequately eliminate potential pinholes prior to applying Polyurethane HD.
1. Apply two coats of Polyurethane HD (3 – 4 mils wet per coat) allowing 4 hours between coats or when coating is tack free.
2. Any runs should be brushed or rolled out immediately before drying.
3. When dry, thickness is 1.5-2 mils
IMPORTANT: Proper methods to protect from over spraying should be implemented. Atomized particles will adhere to most surfaces and are extremely difficult to remove. Temperature and humidity directly affect pot life and dry time. Conditions should be between 40 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C) and humidity should not exceed 80%.
What is the pot life of each kit?
Each kit has a 3-4 hour pot life.
What is the shelf life of each kit?
Each kit has a 1-year shelf life.
Can I use this over an epoxy?
Yes, Polyurethane HD will help extend the life of your epoxy and help stop premature yellowing caused by UV.